Diatomaceous earth, or D.E. for short, is a natural substance that traps dirt and debris as small as five microns (1/10 the width of a human hair). That means body oils, suntan lotions, pollens, dust and even some bacteria are caught in a D.E. filter, leaving behind sparkling clear, healthier water.
The word diatomaceous comes from the root word diatom, which is a single-celled organism.Diatomaceous earth is a chalk-like powder that is made up entirely of these diatoms that have fossilized over thousands of years. They are considered the beginning of the food chain in our oceans and are responsible for sequestering much of the world's atmospheric CO2. Simply put, without diatoms, life on earth would not exist as we know it today.
- Splash DE powder is the filtration media for diatomaceous earth pool filter systems
- Efficient and long-lasting filter powder
- DE powder filters out contaminant particles as small as 3 to 5 microns
- Packaged in easy-to-handle box
- Easy pour
- Instantly cleaner water
- Eco-friendly filtration alternative
- Convenient 4 x 6lb. bags for easy application